The Carbon Offset Gift Card for Businesses
Selectra has launched the Carbon Offset Gift Card: an eco-friendly gift for companies to fight against global warming.This card is for both employees, to congratulate them on their hard work, and for customers to thank them for their business. Discover the different carbon offset choices in this article.
An eco-friendly gift for companies
Offering a Carbon Offset Gift Card to your employees or clients is a way for them to fight against global warming by offsetting their carbon emissions.
Companies committed to fighting global warming
Selectra has created the Carbon Offset Gift Card with the aim of raising awareness of global warming by calculating the average carbon footprint of the card's beneficiaries and funding an environmental project to the extent of their emissions.
The Carbon Offset Gift Card is the ideal gift for any company wishing to raise awareness among its employees or customers about the fight against global warming. It can be purchased and gifted at any time of the year and for any occasion, such as farewell parties, thank you gifts, holiday gifts, etc.
The Carbon Offset Gift Card can also be given to friends and family to raise awareness about global warming.
Offset your CO2 emissions and finance an environmental project with Selectra
Since 2019, Selectra has been offering companies the opportunity to offset some or all of their carbon emissions by financing an environmental initiative Gandhi project, with Carbon Offset Gift Cards.
Chosen with the help of the EcoAct consulting firm for its strong environmental and social impact, Selectra's Gandhi Project is a carbon offset initiative that is assisting in the development of green energy in India through the construction of a wind farm in Gandhi’s birthplace, Porbandar.
Currently, the Gandhi Project has 21 wind turbines, which produce nearly 36GWh of green electricity per year.
The VCS (Verified Carbon Standard), which certified the project, guarantees that the greenhouse gas emission reductions linked to the project are real, measurable, verifiable and additional. With the compliance of these standards, the effectiveness of carbon offsetting is strengthened.
Choosing a Carbon Offset Gift Card
Three tiers are available for purchase. However, it is entirely possible to modify the amount of CO2 to be offset for any company wishing to offer a personalised gift.
- "My first steps": "My first steps" This tier allows you to offset part of your CO2 emissions, i.e. the average emissions of a British person linked to transport.
- "Towards a sustainable consumption":"Towards a sustainable consumption": This tier enables you to compensate for a larger part of one's CO2 emissions than "My first steps", i.e. the average emissions of a British person linked to energy consumption habits and food.
- "All-inclusive": Compensate for all the average CO2 emissions of a British person with this generous gift card.
|Tier||Offset emissions||Source of emissions|
|My first steps (19.90 £)||1.6 tons of CO2eq||Transport|
|Towards a rational consumption (39.90 £)||4.57 tons of CO2eq||Food and consumption habits (electronic devices, clothing, pharmaceutical products, etc.)|
|All-inclusive (77.90 £)||7.01 tons of CO2eq||All CO2 emissions (transport, consumption habits, food, housing energy and indirect emissions)|
Once a company purchases a Carbon Offset Gift Card, they will receive an email which details all the information related to the gift card, the CO2 emissions offset through the Gandhi Project, and the number of carbon credits purchased by Selectra on behalf of the recipient.
How does corporate carbon offsetting work?
Carbon offsetting is the process of offsetting unavoidable carbon emissions by financing an environmental project.
Compliance or voluntary carbon offsetting?
In the UK, carbon offsetting in companies is either mandatory or voluntary:
- The compliance carbon market, also called regulated carbon market, is used by companies and governments that by law have to account for their greenhouse gas emissions.
- The voluntary carbon market has been created for individuals and companies that are not bound by the legally binding limits of the UK Emissions Trading System (UK ETS). The carbon offset gift card is therefore aimed at voluntary companies that want to finance an environmental initiative, such as the Gandhi project.
Reducing your carbon footprint with Selectra
As a company, you have the opportunity to reduce your carbon footprint with Selectra using services such as:
- The Carbon Offset Gift Card, which raises awareness among your employees and partners of the fight against global warming;
- The "Climate Friendly Companies" standard, which helps companies reduce their greenhouse gas emissions;
- Our carbon accounting service, available by email firstname.lastname@example.org, which calculates and draws up a carbon balance sheet for companies, and helps them reduce their carbon emissions.